If you have invested in installing a nice landscape around your home, it pays to keep it properly maintained.
Maintaining your landscape can become something like cleaning out the garage – you can do just the minimum to get by and get to the rest of it “later.” But unlike your garage, your plants will keep changing and growing. Weeds keep sprouting, shrubs keep growing and turf and ground covers continue to creep over sidewalks and drives.
Before long, your whole landscape can start looking shaggy and overgrown. And once problems get started they almost never disappear on their own and usually get harder to solve.
Regular, professional clean-up, weeding and pruning will make your property and your life a lot easier. This may include a spring clean-up, edging of beds and application of mulch along with any needed pruning. This can be followed by a mid-season weeding and pruning and then in the fall for a final clean-up. Having a big event this year? Arrange now for the services you may need. We can customize your maintenance visits, but get it on the schedule soon, before it is too late!
Benefits of Proper Mulching:
- Mulch gives planting beds a uniform, well-cared-for look.
- Helps control weeds. A 2- to 4-inch layer of mulch will reduce the germination and growth of weeds.
- Helps maintain soil moisture. Evaporation is reduced, and the need for watering can be minimized.
- Some mulches can improve soil fertility.
- Mulching around trees helps facilitate maintenance and can reduce the likelihood of damage from weed trimmers or lawn mowers.
- Mulch serves as nature’s insulating blanket. Mulch keeps soils warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.
- Many types of mulch can improve soil aeration, structure (aggregation of soil particles), and drainage over time.
- A layer of mulch can inhibit certain plant diseases.
The Ken Helmlinger Company will take
care of your landscape.